"Everything sounds funnier with the word F**K in it."
That's the little badge my classmate gifted me a couple of days ago. Do you:
1. Agree, f**k yeah.
2. Disagree, what is happening to the purity of language.
Now some facts -- powered by Wikipedia of course:
1. F**k can be used as a noun, verb, adjective, adverb, pronoun, or interjection and can logically be used as virtually any word in a sentence.
2. Study of the attitudes of the British public found that f**k was considered the third most severe profanity and its derivative motherf**ker second. C**nt was considered the most severe.
3. Some have argued that the prolific usage of the word f**k has de-vulgarized it.
4. F**k... may be common in informal and domestic situations. (!)
5. The Canadian Press now considers f**k to be commonplace and has added usage advice to the Canadian Press Caps and Spelling guide.
And you can get more such nuggets here.
Pic courtesy: WebHamster, Wikimedia